Todd Slingerland believes in building long-term relationships with his clients, and many have been with him for decades. Todd takes the time to answer questions so that each client understands the investments they own and why. Taking a holistic approach, Todd helps his clients to identify their goals and helps them to navigate toward them. Todd values the opportunity to see clients enjoy a comfortable retirement or have the pride of sending their children to college. Todd has been in the investment and financial services business since 1987, through a wide range of market and economic conditions. An advocate for continuing education, Todd has earned numerous industry credentials to enable him to keep pace with developments in order to better serve his clients. With the support of his experienced team, Todd’s practice welcomes individuals, couples, and business owners from throughout the United States and is focused on a variety of services including:
- Financial planning
- Investment selection, portfolio creation, and wealth management
- Corporate and individual retirement plans, Pre and Post retirement reviews
- Tax mitigation review/strategies
- Working in conjunction with accountants and attorneys for complex estate, personal injury, divorce, structured settlements, and other cases
- Business owner services - business continuity, risk mitigation, and other specialized concerns
- Life, long term care, and disability insurance
Some highlights of Todd’s personal and professional background:
- Joined the investment and financial services industry in 1987 following college graduation.
- Currently holds Series 7, 63, 24 securities licenses with LPL Financial, series 65 license with Capital Financial Planning, and a New York State Life, Accident, and Health insurance license.
- President, CEO, and Founder of Capital Financial Planning since 2003.
- Managing Member Capital Financial Planning, a registered investment advisory firm since 2016
- Previous senior management positions with John Hancock and Waddell and Reed
- Financial industry designations: Certified Financial Planner TM (CFP ® ), Life Underwriter Training Council Fellow (LUTCF) ,Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU), Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC), and Chartered Mutual Funds Consultant (CMFC).
- Member of Financial Planning Association
- BS Business Administration, College of St. Rose, Albany, NY
- Past Trustee of the College of St. Rose, participates in numerous community activities including leading the Capital Financial Planning Charitable Foundation which supports not-for- profits throughout the Capital Region to enhance the quality of life in our region
- Enjoys travel, golf, community service, and family activities with his 3 daughters
For a priority in-person or phone appointment, please contact Shelby Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-867-4000 x219.
If you would like to receive LPL investment research via email, please let us know. Otherwise, please visit the LPL page of this website for investment research and market commentaries.